Sal is a graduate of McGill University with a Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com. McGill, 1979) in Finance and Organizational Behaviour and post-graduate degree (D.M. McGill, 1986) in Management and Organizational Behaviour.
He is bilingual and has over thirteen years of experience in management (1979-1991) and the past eleven years (1991-2002) in the field of consulting, facilitating and teaching of adults.
He has worked with several educational institutions, training partners, multi-national organizations and government departments in North America, Europe and the Middle East.
Sal consults and trains on a variety of topics including:
- Giving Performance Related Feedback
- Project Management,
- Leadership and Management and Personal Development Skills,
- Team building,
- Personal Development,
- Critical and Creative Thinking Skills,
- Change Management,
- Problem-solving (Root Cause Analysis, 8D and Six Sigma),
- Quality and Environmental Management Systems Implementation (ISO 9000, ISO/TS 16949, Qc-9000 and ISO 14000) and their related tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, QSA, and SPC)
- Process Continuous Improvement, Kaizen and Process Re-engineering (Six Sigma and Lean based Manufacturing Principles).
- Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers,
- Personal Financial Planning,
- Train-the-Trainer and Facilitation.
Sal is a qualified lead auditor of the ISO 900, QS-9000 and ISO 14000 International Standards and is trained as a Six Sigma Black Belt. He has also completed the Canadian Securities Course and CFP Requirements and conducts workshops on Personal and Professional Financial Planning as well as Retirement Workshops with other qualified professionals.