This virtually delivered course is designed for individuals looking to become Licensed Oil Burner Technician 3’s (OBT3) and who are currently working in the industry for a Heating/HVAC company. Upon successful completion of the course, individuals will have gained the knowledge to complete the theory portion of the Oil Burner Technician 3 challenge exam through the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) for certification.
What you will Learn
A comprehensive look at the oil heating industry will be covered and its regulations as follows:
- Tools & Fasteners
- Math for OBTs
- Introduction to the Laws Governing the Oil Heat Industry
- Fuel Oil Properties, Combustion Theory and Combustion Chambers Introduction to Efficiency
- Piping and Tubing
- Fuel Oil Storage and Delivery
- Burners and Nozzles
- Fundamentals of Oil Controls
- Introduction to Oil-Fired Appliances
- Draft and Combustion
- Basic Electricity, Technical Manuals, Drawings, and Graphs Annual Maintenance
To successfully obtain your Oil Burner Technician 3 license with TSSA students will be required to:
- Complete this training program
- Obtain a minimum 75% mark on the TSSA written examination completed directly with TSSA
- Additional fees for written exam will apply from TSSA
- Obtain a minimum 75% on the practical evaluation assessment completed directly with TSSA
- Practical must be completed within 1 year of the written exam at a location you provide
- Any additional fees for practical will apply from TSSA
Currently working in the Heating/HVAC field.
November 15, 2022 – February 14, 2023 (no classes during the holiday break)
Live Instructor Lead: Tues & Thur 6:30-9:30 pm, plus self-paced work (13 weeks)
Exam & Practical – Student Books directly with TSSA
Online via Loyalist College portal
$1949.00+ HST per person.
Code and textbooks will be provided.
Last day to register for F22: October 21, 2022
** Please note: Textbooks will be ordered as of the last day of registration, thus $530 of your registration fee is non-refundable as of the last day of registration.
Contact: Email Shannon Banfield firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2467 for questions.