REGISTRATION IS CLOSED; PLEASE ADD YOURSELF TO THE WAITLIST FOR NEXT SESSION
This virtually delivered course is designed for individuals looking to become Licensed Oil Burner Technician 3’s (OBT3) and who are currently working in the industry for a Heating/HVAC company. Upon successful completion of the course, individuals will have gained the knowledge to complete the theory portion of the Oil Burner Technician 3 challenge exam through the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) for certification.
What you will Learn
A comprehensive look at the oil heating industry will be covered and its regulations as follows:
- Tools & Fasteners
- Math for OBTs
- Introduction to the Laws Governing the Oil Heat Industry
- Fuel Oil Properties, Combustion Theory and Combustion Chambers Introduction to Efficiency
- Piping and Tubing
- Fuel Oil Storage and Delivery
- Burners and Nozzles
- Fundamentals of Oil Controls
- Introduction to Oil-Fired Appliances
- Draft and Combustion
- Basic Electricity, Technical Manuals, Drawings, and Graphs Annual Maintenance
To successfully obtain your Oil BurnerTechnician 3 license with TSSA students will be required to:
- Complete this training program
- Obtain a minimum 75% mark on the TSSA written examination completed directly with TSSA
- Additional fees for written exam will apply from TSSA
- Obtain a minimum 75% on the practical evaluation assessment completed directly with TSSA
- Practical must be completed within 1 year of the written exam at a location you provide
- And additional fees for practical will apply from TSSA
Currently working in the Heating/HVAC field.
November 23 – February 15, 2022 (No classes from Dec 21-30, 2021)
Live Instructor Lead: Tues & Thur 6:30-9:30 pm, plus self-paced work (11 weeks)
Exam & Practical – Student Books directly with TSSA
Online via Loyalist College portal
$1749.00+ HST per person.
Participants are responsible for having the 2015 B139 codebooks specified below. All other course materials will be provided.
** Please note that $235 of your registration fee is non-refundable 2 weeks prior to the course start date.
Course materials required:
- B139 Codebook (B139 Series 15-Installation Code for Oil Burning Equipment)
Contact: Email Tiffeny Dyck email@example.com or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2294 for questions.