Group coaching for activating effective leadership and relationship strategies
How can we improve our relationships to build a more productive and collaborative workplace? Most people who ask this question realize that understanding the effectiveness of their own style of interacting is a starting place to improving their ability to work productively with others. This course is designed to help participants move past the negative effects of difficult workplace relationships to developing strategies for positive influence and contributing to a culture of trust and collaboration.
• avoiding conversations you know you ought to have?
• wishing you could be more assertive and in control?
• losing patience with certain people or personality types?
• having problems giving negative feedback?
• feeling anxious before a difficult conversation?
• wishing you had managed a conversation or an individual differently?
• having trouble managing emotional customers, colleagues or employees?
To equip participants to lead more effectively and to develop strategies to handle difficult workplace relationships.
Who should attend?
• All managers and high-potential employees
• Team leaders and Lead Hands
• Manufacturing and Service Organization Managers
• Human Resources Managers and In-House Trainers
What you’ll learn
• To understand your personal interaction style and the styles of others
• What makes some work relationships difficult
• Four constructive approaches to improving workplace relationships
• How to improve interactions and constructively influence others
Using the Life Styles Inventory® (LSI) as a lens, participants will become aware of the impact of their own style, learn to identify styles of others and develop strategies for handling and improving workplace interactions constructively.
The first half-day will be devoted to participants’ individual leadership effectiveness and the second half-day participants will develop strategies to address a specific work relationship challenge.
Participants will receive:
1 3-page LSI 1 Individual Profile 1 LSI Self-Development guide 1 set of LSI Influence Cards Participants will complete the LSI I online two (2) weeks prior to the course date.
1 LSI Self-Development guide 1 set of LSI Influence Cards Participants will complete the LSI I online two (2) weeks prior to the course date.
1 set of LSI Influence Cards Participants will complete the LSI I online two (2) weeks prior to the course date.
Participants will complete the LSI I online two (2) weeks prior to the course date.
- complete the Life Styles Inventory® (LSI)
- identify a specific work relationship challenge to improve
- come prepared for self-reflection, group conversation and optional one-to-one conversation with the coach
A group coaching format recognizes the wisdom and experience of the participants. The focus is on individual reflection, individual and group processing of new information, cross-pollination between participants to enrich the creation of strategies to address real, specific challenges. During the two sessions there will be opportunities for individual reflection, group conversation and optional one-to-one conversation with the coach.
Who is the facilitator?
Sandra Norman – As a coach and instructor, Sandra works with people and organizations to activate them to become more effective, collaborative and productive leaders and creators of constructive workplace culture.
Duration: 2 half-days (9am – noon)
Investment: $ 559 plus HST, includes parking
Contact: Email Colleen Ringham email@example.com or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2497 for question