This course is designed for individuals looking to become Licensed Gas Technician 3’s (GT3) and who are currently working in the industry. Upon successful completion of the course, individuals will have gained the knowledge to complete the theory portion of the Gas Technician 3 exam through the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) for certification.
What you will Learn
A comprehensive look at the gas heating industry will be covered and its regulations as follows:
- Fasteners, Tools & Testing Instruments
- Properties, Characteristics, and Safe Handling of Fuel Gases
- Utilization Codes, Acts and Regulations
- Utilization Codes, Acts and Regulations – Ontario Supplement
- Introduction to Electricity
- Technical Manuals, Specifications, Drawings and Graphs
- Customer Relations
- Introduction to Piping and Tubing Systems
- Introduction to Gas Appliances
To successfully obtain your Gas Technician 3 license with TSSA students will be required to:
- Successfully complete this training program
- Minimum 90% attendance of class instruction
- Minimum 75% mark on the TSSA written examination
- Minimum 75% on the practical evaluation assessment completed directly with TSSA
- Practical must be completed within 1 year of the written exam at a location of your choosing
- Additional fees for practical will apply from TSSA
Registrations are required 15 days in advance of the course start date.
Entry level course.
Training September 3-November 26, 2019 (Tuesday 6:00-9:00 pm)
Exam December 3, 2019 (Tuesday 9-1 pm)
Loyalist College (Belleville)
$1,814.00+ HST per person, includes all course materials and TSSA written exam
Course materials provided:
- Student Manuals (Oil Burner Technician 3 – Student/Lab Manual)
- B149 Codebooks (B149.1-15 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code & B149.2-15 Propane Storage and Handling Code)
Email Tiffeny Dyck firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2294 for questions.