This virtually delivered course is designed for individuals looking to become Licensed Gas Technician 3’s (GT3) and who are currently working in the industry for a Heating/HVAC company. Upon successful completion of the course, individuals will have gained the knowledge to complete the theory portion of the Gas Technician 3 challenge exam through the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) for certification.
What you will Learn
A comprehensive look at the gas heating industry will be covered and its regulations as follows:
- Fasteners, Tools & Testing Instruments
- Properties, Characteristics, and Safe Handling of Fuel Gases
- Utilization Codes, Acts and Regulations
- Utilization Codes, Acts and Regulations – Ontario Supplement
- Introduction to Electricity
- Technical Manuals, Specifications, Drawings and Graphs
- Customer Relations
- Introduction to Piping and Tubing Systems
- Introduction to Gas Appliances
To successfully obtain your Gas Technician 3 license with TSSA students will be required to:
- Complete this training program
- Obtain a minimum 75% mark on the TSSA written examination completed directly with TSSA
- Additional fees for written exam will apply from TSSA
- Obtain a minimum 75% on the practical evaluation assessment completed directly with TSSA
- Practical must be completed within 1 year of the written exam at a location you provide
- And additional fees for practical will apply from TSSA
Currently working in the Heating/HVAC field.
September 14 – November 6
Live Instructor Lead: Tues & Thur 6-8 pm, Saturday, 8-12 pm, plus self-paced work (8 weeks)
Exam & Practical – Student Books directly with TSSA
Online via Loyalist College portal
$1749.00+ HST per person.
Participants are responsible for having a 2015 B149 codes books specified below. All other course materials will be provided.
** Please note that $235 of your registration fee is non-refundable 2 weeks prior to the course start date.
Course materials required:
- 2020 B149 Codebooks (B149.1-20 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code & B149.2-20 Propane Storage and Handling Code)
If a copy of these books is not supplied by your employer, you may purchase one at CSA using the link provided below.
Email Melanie Roy email@example.com or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2480 for questions.