REGISTRATION CLOSES DECEMBER 15, 2021 DUE TO MATERIAL ALLOCATION
This virtually delivered course is designed for individuals looking to become Licensed Gas Technician 3’s (GT3) and who are currently working in the industry for a Heating/HVAC company. Upon successful completion of the course, individuals will have gained the knowledge to complete the theory portion of the Gas Technician 3 challenge exam through the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) for certification.
What you will Learn
A comprehensive look at the gas heating industry will be covered and its regulations as follows:
- Fasteners, Tools & Testing Instruments
- Properties, Characteristics, and Safe Handling of Fuel Gases
- Utilization Codes, Acts and Regulations
- Utilization Codes, Acts and Regulations – Ontario Supplement
- Introduction to Electricity
- Technical Manuals, Specifications, Drawings and Graphs
- Customer Relations
- Introduction to Piping and Tubing Systems
- Introduction to Gas Appliances
To successfully obtain your Gas Technician 3 license with TSSA students will be required to:
- Complete this training program
- Obtain a minimum 75% mark on the TSSA written examination completed directly with TSSA
- Additional fees for written exam will apply from TSSA
- Obtain a minimum 75% on the practical evaluation assessment completed directly with TSSA
- Practical must be completed within 1 year of the written exam at a location you provide
- And additional fees for practical will apply from TSSA
Currently working in the Heating/HVAC field.
Dates January 8 – April 23, 2022
Live Instructor Lead: Saturday, 9-1 pm, plus self-paced work (16 weeks)
Exam & Practical – Student Books directly with TSSA
Online via Loyalist College portal
$1749.00+ HST per person.
Participants are responsible for having a 2015 B149 codes books specified below. All other course materials will be provided.
** Please note that $235 of your registration fee is non-refundable 2 weeks prior to the course start date.
Course materials required:
- 2020 B149 Codebooks (B149.1-20 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code & B149.2-20 Propane Storage and Handling Code)
If a copy of these books is not supplied by your employer, you may purchase one at CSA using the link provided below.
Email Tiffeny Dyck email@example.com or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2294 for questions.