Training and learning are changing! As research advances, understanding how the brain functions, in support of learning, creating, and problem-solving, allows us to better prepare our workers to adapt to the evolving and changing workplace. In this interactive program, you’ll gain a practical, how-to overview of the entire training cycle. New and experienced trainers will gain a strong foundation in critical training skills and seasoned trainers will be introduced to new approaches for delivering powerful training.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for new trainers or experienced trainers who have not had formal education in training. It is also for those trainers who need a refresher to improve their facilitation techniques and methods to transfer learning to work situations.
How you’ll benefit:
After this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the training cycle and explore new concepts of training
- Identify and determine the need for training – what, who, and how
- Apply adult learning concepts, develop supportive climates and customize materials
- Use training activities and alternatives to lecture, strategies for different learning needs
- Manage and encourage participants of all backgrounds and learning styles
- Address challenging participants and behaviours
- Present and facilitate a training module, including the use of audio, visuals and handouts
- Identify the levels of evaluation
What’s our approach?
No endless PowerPoint presentations here. We use interactive approaches geared to your learning style, plus lots of discussions, presenting, and learning from each other. The result is a learning environment that is fun and has an immediate transfer to the work environment.
Who is your facilitator?
Vern Belos is an organizational development specialist, who trains managers and leaders in the “business of people”. Vern has trained more than 5000 people in both the private and public sector. He’s the person organizations call when they need help! He holds a doctorate in learning and organization development, master’s degrees in human resources and law.
Duration: 2 Day (9am – 4pm)
Investment: $ 899 plus HST, includes lunch and parking both days
Contact: Email Melanie Roy firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2480 for questions.
|November 22 & 29, 2018||
|February 14 & 21, 2019||
© TRGI 2018