Is your ODP Card valid? You can’t purchase refrigerants without it.
Here’s a one-day course to get you certified!
This Ontario government recognized Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institutes (HRAI) program, provides the student with the Ozone Depletion Prevention Card (ODP). This card is mandatory for all personnel working with ozone depleting substances.
Who should attend?
Anyone refilling, servicing or repairing refrigeration equipment or handling refrigerants Suitable for residential commercial, industrial, domestic, automotive and mobile applications.
What you’ll learn
Based on Environment Canada’s “Code of Practice for Reducing CFC Emissions in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems”, the course and the Participants Manual supplied to deal with environmentally correct equipment design and proper handling of CFC/HCFC/HFC’s. It will prepare the participants for complying with provincial regulations covering refrigeration and air conditioning systems. Specific topics covered are CFC’s and the ozone layer; isolation valving; recommended components; leak detection methods; system charging procedures; special maintenance provisions, refrigerant recovery, reuse, recycling, and reclamation equipment.
- CFC’s and the Ozone Layer
- Global Efforts to Reduce CFC/HCFC/HFC Emissions
- The Significance of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry
- The Code of Practice
- Minimizing Emissions
- Recommended Standard Practices
- Commercial/Industrial Systems
- Residential Systems
- Domestic Appliances
- Mobile Systems
- Summary of Current Federal Regulations on CFC’s and Halons
- Recovering, Reusing, Recycling and Reclaiming Techniques
- Provincial Regulations
- Supplementary Information for the Recommended Standard
1 Day (9am – 3pm).
$ 249 plus HST, includes parking
Email Melanie Roy firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2480 for questions.