Working at Heights Safety Training is mandatory (April 2015) under Construction Projects Regulation
New Ontario Workplace Safety Training Standard
Falls from heights continue to be a significant hazard, leading to injuries and deaths of workers in all sectors, particularly with construction activity. To help prevent serious injury and fatalities, we encourage employers to proactively schedule updated training for workers, regardless of the industry.
Working at Heights Safety Training from WSN ensures you’re in compliance with legislation
Designed for compliance with the Ministry of Labour’s new Working at Heights training requirements, participants receive the most up-to-date information with hands-on instruction from industry experts and trained adult educators.
Who should attend?
Intended for workers, supervisors, joint health and safety committee members, health and safety representatives, and anyone else who works at heights, this one-day course provides a comprehensive overview of legislated requirements, hazards, and hazard controls.
What you’ll learn
- Factors affecting the risk, likelihood and potential severity of a fall from heights
- Types of personal fall protection systems, including their limitations, appropriate uses, components, and set-up
- Hands-on experience setting up, wearing, and using personal fall protection equipment
- Work positioning systems available to safely perform a variety of tasks at height, including scaffolds and powered elevating work platforms
- Proper use, positioning, and maintenance of portable ladders and similar equipment
- Warning methods, such as signage, bump lines and barriers, to identify fall hazards to workers
Who is the facilitator?
Jerry Traer, Workplace Safety North
Duration: 1 Day (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Investment: $ 175 plus HST (includes parking)
Contact: Email Tiffeny Dyck email@example.com. or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2294 for questions.
Visit our public workshops link to register.