This virtual (self-paced & live instructor lead) course is designed for individuals looking to become Licensed Oil Burner Technician 3’s (OBT3) and currently working in the Heating/HVAC industry. Upon completing this course, individuals will have gained the knowledge to challenge the theoretical portion of the Oil Burner Technician 3 challenge exam through the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA).
What you will Learn
A comprehensive look at the oil heating industry will be covered and its regulations as follows:
- Safety & Tools
- Oil Industry Laws
- Technical Skills
- Fuel Oil Properties
- Oil Lines
- Oil Tanks
- Water Heaters & Furnaces
- Chimneys, Draft and Combustion Efficiency
- Annual Maintenance
To successfully obtain your Oil Burner Technician 3 license with TSSA, students must:
- Book your TSSA OBT3 Exam Challenge written exam directly with TSSA (applicable fees apply) and successfully obtain 75% or higher.
- TSSA will book your OBT3 Practical evaluation (applicable fees apply) and successfully obtain 75% or higher. The Practical must be completed within 1 year of the written exam at a location provided by the learner, appliances and equipment as specified by TSSA.
** TSSA exam and evaluation fees are not included in this course**
Currently working in the Heating/HVAC field.
Live Instructor Sessions (13 weeks):
- September 12, 2023 – October 19, 2023 (Tues & Thurs, 6:30-9:30 pm)
- November 7 – December 14, 2023 (Tues & Thurs, 6:30-9:30 pm)
- December 16, 2023 (Saturday 9-4 pm)
Self-paced Work includes:
- Reading course manual
- Complete the assigned/unit test
- Take class notes from live sessions
Exam & Practical – Student Books directly with TSSA
$1949.00+ HST per person (Code & textbooks included)
** Once the textbook ships, the cost of books and a $20 admin fee are non-refundable***
Email Colleen Ringham email@example.com or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2497 for question