Diversity, equity and inclusion have taken on increased importance in the workplace regardless of the size of an organization. Become a leader of equity, diversity and inclusion in your workplace. Inclusive leaders are aware of their own biases and preferences, actively seek out and consider different views and perspectives to inform better decision-making. They see diverse talent as a source of competitive advantage and inspire diverse teams to drive organizational and individual performance towards a shared vision.
This course will enhance your skill, understanding and comfort level in creating and participating in a workplace devoted to EDI focused on collective solidarity and the co-creation of a justice-centred, equitable, and inclusive workplace. You will also learn the important role workplace supervisors play in maintaining a harassment and discrimination free workplace, and how to recognize, respond, and refer employees who report a potential violation of the Discrimination & Harassment Policy to you or a member of your team.
What You’ll Learn
By participating in this program, you’ll have the following learning opportunities:
- Examine the visible and invisible dimensions of identity
- Explore implicit association biases and stereotypes
- Describe the impact of Human Rights on Equity, Diversity and Inclusionary work practices
- Examine micro-aggressions and subtle acts of exclusion.
- Identify ways to encourage EDI and discourage discrimination.
- Build sensitivity and awareness for communicating with people who live with disabilities
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to improve their understanding of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tony Pilon, CHRP (CPHR)
Contact us for corporate rates
Email Steve MacKinnon email@example.com call 613-969-1913 Ext 2635 for questions